God Photos: Beautiful Wallpapers Collection Of Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple Varanasi

Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Beautiful Wallpapers Collection Of Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple Varanasi

Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple is located amidst the crowded lanes in the holy city of Varanasi also known as Kashi and Benares. The Vishwanath Temple enshrines one of the twelve Jyotirlingams of Lord Shiva and is one of the most revered pilgrimage sites for Hindus. It is believed that Varanasi is the point at which the first Jyotirlinga, the fiery pillar of light by which Shiva manifested his supremacy over other gods, broke through the earth’s crust and flared towards the heavens.
The Kashi Vishweshwar temple as we see it now was built by Ahalya Devi Holkar in 1777 AD. In 1785 AD, the then King of Kashi, Mansaram and his son Belvant Singh built many more temples near Varanasi. In 1755 AD, the Avadh pantof pratinidhi (representative) got the old temple of Bindumadhava repaired and renovated it beautifully. The kalabhairava temple was built by Srimant Baji Rao Peshwa in 1852 AD.
King Ranjit Singh had the Kashi Vishwanath temple towers covered in gold. A huge bell hangs in the temple. It was donated by the King of Nepal. Surrounding Saranath, there are many Budhhist stupas, Viharas and Chaitra grihas. In 1931 AD the mahabodhi society had built a very beautiful Buddha temple in Saranath.




Beautiful Shivlinga On Ghat

3 comments:

  1. I am faith in shiva, shiva is my father and guru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Ur Blog is different from others. My Favorite God is Lord Shiva. Thanks for sharing wallpapers and information about Temple in Varanasi. See more information about How to Reach Varanasi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worship my father lord vishwanath(Shiva) daily. My name is SENDHIL SABRI VISWANATH. I was very happy to see like me a person Om Prakash. What i usually say to my parents, what omprakash had already said that LordShiva is my father, guru and soul. Really i am proud and very happy to see such kind of persons.

    Let my father(Lord Shiva) & mother(Goddess Parvathi) give you all of the happiness, healthiest, educative life to you all of them.

    ReplyDelete